Accent Signage Systems, Inc.
2322 Chestnut Avenue West
Minneapolis, MN 55405
800-215-9437 toll free
©2012 Accent Signage
Raster® Braille System
Our Raster® Braille System
For more information fill out our easy information request form to be contacted by a Raster® Braille specialist!
The Raster® Braille System at Accent Signage is a patented process. To begin using our method to create ADA compliant signage, or purchase any of our Raster® Braille products, you must first become licensed customer through our company. Along with our Raster® license, customers will receive our Raster® Pen License Kit, which includes everything you need to begin creating ADA-compliant braille!
To become licensed, Accent Signage Systems, Inc. needs to receive a completed and signed Raster® License Agreement. Once we have received agreement along with your purchase, you will receive your very own Raster® Pen License Kit and license certificate.
The best part? Once you become certified with Accent Signage, your Raster® Braille License will never expire!
Benefits of Becoming Raster® Braille Licensed Customer:
- The Raster® Pen License Kit comes with our easy-to-use Interior Signage Manual, along with all the tools you need to begin creating ADA-compliant signage.
- Licensed customers can always order any Raster® Braille products or supplies in the future because their license never expires!
- Many architects and designers are now requesting the Raster® Braille License Certificate number on building signage bid documents as proof that the bidder/sign shop is a licensed Raster® Braille manufacturer.
How to Get Started:
- Download the Raster® License Agreement. → License Agreement
- Submit your completed Raster® License Agreement to Accent via email, fax, or phone.
- Accent Signage will ship your Raster® Pen License Kit as soon as we verify your Raster® License agreement and payment.
- Receive your Raster® Pen License Kit and start creating great-looking ADA-compliant signs!
Read more about our Raster® Braille:
For technical and troubleshooting information please visit the Raster® Braille Customer Support page, or check out the Resources tab for video tutorials and FAQs!